Steak and Kale salad with Rye croutons - serves 4
2 tsp caraway seeds (optional)
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
1 clove clove garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper
1 bulb fennel,
1 medium red onion, sliced into rounds
3 slices rye bread (cut roughly into 1 inch thick)
1 large bunch kale, leaves chopped
500g sirloin steak
1. Toast caraway seeds in a small pan on medium for about 2 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, 2 tablespoons oil, mustard, garlic, caraway seeds, and
pinch of salt.
3. Heat grill pan over medium-high. Brush or toss fennel, onion, and bread with 1 tablespoon oil and season fennel and onion with a pinch salt.
Grill, covered, turning often, until vegetables are tender and charred and bread is toasted, 5 to 8 minutes for vegetables and 1 to 2 minutes for bread.
Transfer to cutting board; core and thinly slice fennel and tear bread into chunks.
4. In a large bowl, toss kale, grilled vegetables, and bread with half of dressing and let sit, tossing occasionally.
Meanwhile, rub steak with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill to desired doneness, (roughly 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare).
5. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing. Fold into salad and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.
Cals - 435
Fat - 25g
Protein - 29g
Carbs - 28g